[TR] 62 TR4

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Mar 10 09:52:14 MDT 2020

Several times now, I've had similar behavior caused by the 'Lucar' quick
connects.  They get into a state where they seem tight (won't come off with
a light tug) but don't always make good contact.

You might try crimping the female quick connects a bit tighter and see if
that solves the problem.

If it is the switch, it's probably not worth trying to clean/repair it.  I'm
not familiar with the TR4 switch, but on the TR3 switch it's easy to drill
out the rivets so you can get the switch apart, then use 10-32 bolts & nuts
to put it back together.

-- Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild