[TR] TR2-3 electrical melt downs

John Macartney John.Macartney at Ukpips.org.uk
Thu Jun 25 00:33:41 MDT 2020

That’s it, cadmium was banned. But what did they use as an alternative? Sorry, memory banks voided!

Don’s query about whether the different looms applied to sidescreen TR? Possibly. Sweden changed its rule of the road from rhs to LHD in about 1963. However, several years before that change, vehicles to meet the new standard were being shipped there and their specifications often included future planned features effective from a future date. As an example, hazard warning flashers were mandatory as Federal spec from 1968 or 69 for the US. Several other countries were planning to make these a legal requirement at later dates but it made sense to line fit them to all cars regardless. Perhaps if Bror Hultgren Triumph Club of Sweden is still on this list he can provide an answer?

Jonmac

At the Battle of Waterloo, 1815:
Lord Uxbridge:  “By God, Sir - I’ve lost my leg”
Duke of Wellington: “By God, Sir - so you have!”