[TR] 49 triumph razorback

Bill Brewer billbrewer59 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 29 06:57:52 MDT 2020

     I had a 1952 Triumph Renown for 7 years and just sold it about 3 or 4 months ago. I had to sell it quickly as I was relocating and had no place to keep it. Mine was complete, running and driving. I loved it. The car looked great, but needed a lot of love. They all do. Mine had a crack in the engine block and leaked about a quart of oil every 10 miles, mostly blowing past the rear seal. They sure are cute. The car felt terrifying about 60 mph.
	https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shmEkHD8RpE&t=5s
     There is an active club in UK, but a Razoredge owner in the states is a lonely guy. The Triumph Razoredge Owners Club website is http://www.trocltd.com/. There is also a Renown group on Facebook.
     Spare body panels and trim are essentially non-existent. Same with proprietary rubber parts.
     Usually Triumph Razoredge projects go in the $5,000 range if they are complete and not basket cases. Restored Razoredges command a lot less money that a TR3, usually around $10,000 or $12,000. There just isn't the demand for them. I sold my Renown to a friend in Utah who will love it and keep it on the road.
     You will not make money with the car. You'll love it though.

     -Bill Brewer