[TR] Business possibility?

Greg Lemon grglmn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 20:42:27 MDT 2020

That is an interesting proposition.  I used to buy and sell parts quite a
bit on E-bay. Never my main source of all income, but 1000 plus feedbacks
so at least that many transactions.  I know it is not the same thing, but
some experience.  If you take a typical old Triumph or LBC, for every used
part that has viable market there is another one or two that will tend to
sit forever even at give away prices, hard bits that don't wear out, or
parts that do wear out but are available new and reasonably priced.  Hard
to value inventory without a very close evaluation of what you have.

Had a friend who bought a storage unit full of Sprite parts a few years
ago.  The things that break, axles, transmission laygears, etc., We're very
much absent.  Big solid metal pieces that last a long time, very abundant.

I also think the market is shrinking, they aren't making new Triumphs, old
ones are generally restored or in maintenance mode, I haven't seen a
figures but would think it has become a shrinking market space as those
interested age out.

That said, they look to have quite a selection of cars.  I would be more
inclined to do this if I could afford to do it as a full time hobby, than
if I needed it to live off of, but I guess that is always true to one
degree or another.

Greg Lemon
TR250