[TR] How did the factory add on factory options

Don Hiscock don.hiscock at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 13:12:57 MDT 2020

John, I've thought about, and laughed, at your memory of that "three door"
Toledo, the right-left Herald, and the wire-disk Spit.  Truly funny.
Knowing how eager S-T were to sell car, I'd be willing to bet at least two
of those were sold on.  Heck, maybe all three.

Sidescreen TRs in the US have all kinds of variations in windscreen
washers.  Some never had their dash blanking panel pierced for where a
switch usually went.  I'd have believed all cars got nozzles mounted to the
scuttle, but I didn't know all cars got washers.

The 1956 09 S-T accessories brochure still shows windscreen washers as an
option, but they note even then they were rapidly becoming an essential.
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-vncLKFm/1/3100b418/O/i-vncLKFm.jpg

BR,

Don