[TR] wire wheel differences

Frank Magnusson fmags at cox.net
Wed Jul 29 15:45:00 MDT 2020

Regarding the special Stag lacing pattern,

I looked at my Stag and another car I have with the more standard 60 spoke wire wheel this morning.

On the 60 spoke wheel, the spokes at the base of the hub criss-cross to the rim as do the spokes at the top of the hub.

On the Stag wire wheel, which is 72 spoke, the spokes at the base criss-cross to the rim, but the spokes at the top of the hub do not; they go straight out to the rim.  I don't think other 72 spoke wheels do that; I believe that they are unique to the Stag, but not 100% sure on that.

Frank