[TR] Copper head gasket: Which side up?

TERRY SMITH terryrs at comcast.net
Tue Jul 21 16:41:54 MDT 2020

Just a note:  I have made the mistake during earlier rebuilds of not using a succession of half-inch sockets bolted down over the sleeves to ensure each side of the cylinder has compressed the figure 8 gasket to allow the sleeve to be .003 proud of the head surface.  Invariably I blew head gaskets (okay, partially because I drive in what Listers describe as a "spirited" fashion).  Since learning my lesson, I've blown nary a one.

Since you're at this point, just thought I'd mention.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A  TS 58667
New Hampshire