[TR] Starter

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 09:46:41 MDT 2020

Yes, I have encountered this on a non-TR (VW actually) running an old
starter in need of a rebuild.

What would happen is that the starter (with excessive draw) would crank the
engine but not fire... then, a moment after you released the key, the
ignition would fire and because the engine was still spinning it would
start.

Learned to expect it and live with it but replaced the starter at the
earliest opportunity.

Geo

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>