[TR] Grease or anti seize (was squeal)

John Macartney John.Macartney at Ukpips.org.uk
Thu Jul 9 06:04:14 MDT 2020

I support Terry Smith and the use of anti seize. You can always wipe off the excess or traces likely to attract dirt. Same goes for grease nipples (zerks). Wipe them clean before greasing and wipe again afterwards, including the ooze that comes out of the assembly. There’s a periodic advert I get on FB of a firm selling grease guns. They click on a filthy nipple, apply the lube, then remove leaving surplus grease everywhere. If I’d done that as an apprentice at Jaguar in my very distant youth, I’d have been fired on the spot.

Jonmac

At the Battle of Waterloo, 1815:
Lord Uxbridge:  “By God, Sir - I’ve lost my leg”
Duke of Wellington: “By God, Sir - so you have!”