[TR] Space-saver or full-size spare?

Alex & Janet Thomson aljlthomson at charter.net
Thu Jul 2 06:07:18 MDT 2020

Looks like a good match. I must say that over the years I have been very fortunate and have seldom needed the spare tire that I had (or usually didn’t have). Most flats I have discovered were in the morning when the car or truck was sitting in the driveway.

I think the only thing to remember is that once you have a flat tire, where will you put it if only a space saver will fit in the spare tire compartment. If the car is fully loaded up - truck, rack, and behind-the-seats - as on a long distance trip, the passenger may object to keeping it in his or her lap until you can get it repaired and back on the car. Of course, if the full size tire is fully deflated, maybe this is not an issue as it might fit where intended.

Bob – I always amazed at the amount of material that you have published on your website! I learn something new every time I visit it.

Thanks

Alex Thomson