[TR] Continental Kit

Don Hiscock don.hiscock at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 06:56:42 MST 2020

The Standard-Triumph Continental Touring Kit was not, as some may first
imagine who haven't heard of it before, a gaudy spare tire on the rear of
the car.  It was a collection of "essential" spares that one could take
along on a trip to the Continent away from the normal repair and parts
network.

It was a fiberboard box that could be returned for credit if not used, or I
guess part credit if one needed to use bits from it.  There were various
versions over time, and versions for different Standard-Triumph models.
Here's an image of one of them (not for a TR), with the box contents and
relevant model noted on its label.  The second image shows the contents
list enlarged.
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-cXWgbmL/0/0fa8cecf/O/i-cXWgbmL.jpg
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-dmKVc3X/0/33e1d5b2/O/i-dmKVc3X.jpg

There may be a photo of a TR3A kit around here someplace -- I know a guy
who had one in Europe, but uncharacteristically he didn't want to share
photos.  I'll keep looking.

Don
1962 Triumph TR3B
(which found its way into my hands in 1981 due to the efforts of the guy
who started this thread!)