[TR] be glad you have a triumph

Don Hiscock don.hiscock at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 19:03:12 MST 2020

That Weber single-barrel would have been installed as a replacement for the
original two-barrel Carter BBD.  That Carter carb, with its complicated
emissions systems, needs to be spot-on to work well.  Here's an article
I've just looked over that largely mimics our experience many years ago:
https://www.4wdmechanix.com/Rebuilding-the-YJ-Wrangler-4.2L-BBD-Carburetor?r=1

The Weber may very well be a better setup -- I've no experience with it as
we went TBI.  I'd put carburetors high on your list of things to check as
you recommission your YJ.