[TR] [6pack] What a rush !

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Mon Feb 24 12:55:16 MST 2020

On 2/24/20 9:16 AM, Jerry Van Vlack wrote:
> If you’ve never heard the Group 44 GT-6 you should. It along with the
> 250K are 2 of the nicest sounding Triumphs at full song you will ever
> hear. Both will be at Mid-Ohio for the Kastner Cup. A don’t miss
> opportunity if you want to hear some great 6 cyl music.

I attended the VTR convention in Asheville, NC, back in 199? It's been a
while, I forgot.  The autocross course was on a city street and involved
going up a hill and coming back down.  It was a grey, overcast day, lots
of cloud cover.  JK Jackson was there with his autocross TR6.  He took
off on a run, up the hill and came back down with that TR6 screaming at
what sounded like maybe 20,000 rpm!  It was a memorable noise.

mjb.

ps: On a side note, I ran in DSP at the 1997 SCCA Solo II Nationals back
in Kansas, and that car was there with Chris Moore, JK's girlfriend, at
the wheel.  I believe I posted a run in the Killer Spit about half a
second faster than she did in that TR6.