[TR] new purchase

DAVID MASSEY dave1massey at cs.com
Sun Dec 27 12:15:15 MST 2020

My 71 TR6 came with both advance and retard module with a cap on the advance module.  I switched to some carbs from a 74-76 car which had the port for the EGR valve and hooked up the advance.  The difference was noticeable.

About all I've done to the engine was head work.  Shaved the head for about 9.25:1 CR.  Runs on mid-grade fuel.  Stock cam so it runs out of steam at about 4,000 RPM.  But lots of torque.

Dave