[TR] TR4A upper wishbone bushing choices

Chris Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Fri Aug 28 11:04:23 MDT 2020

It depends on what you want from the suspension. The original rubber
bushings provide some compliance (softness) in the ride;
nylatron/Delrin/poly will not, so the ride will be stiffer (and perhaps
make the handling a little more precise).

I did an experiment, long ago, with Delrin on one side and poly on the
other, on my autox GT6+, and didn't really notice a significant
difference in performance.

The two part poly bushings are easy to install and last pretty much
forever (unlike the original rubber ones) and that's what I use on any
Britcar suspension that I rebuild. I haven't bought any for a while, but
used to get them from British Parts Northwest.

Lube them up with a long lasting synthetic grease (Aqua Lube is a
popular choice, designed for trailer wheel bearings that will be
regularly submerged, but pretty much any silicone grease will do fine)
or they will drive you crazy with squeaking.

If you've got the upper wishbone apart, you might as well put in a new
ball joint, too.