[TR] Fuel delivery

glewis999 at aol.com glewis999 at aol.com
Thu Aug 13 14:19:53 MDT 2020

I have recently gone through the process of replacing the fuel pump (AC Delco rebuilt original) and the first outlet pipe I made leaked. I had ordered both the new copper pipe and the olives from a UK Triumph parts company ( I live in the UK). The outlet pipe was, originally, back in the day,1/4”. The pipe I had been supplied was not 1/4” but a metric equivalent, as were the olives. So I found a supplier (a general engineering company) that could supply genuine 1/4” copper pipe and 1/4” brass olives. When making the fitting I was sure to push the copper pipe as far into the pump as it would go then gently tightened up the sleeve nut against the back of the olive. This captured the olive on the pipe with a short length of pipe protruding from the olive. When fitted the pipe did not leak, so it is a question of ensuring that the pipe and olive are a match.The inlet pipe to the pump is 5/16”.
Graham

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail