[TR] Oil Filter

William Smith smithw1 at optonline.net
Sun Aug 9 19:22:59 MDT 2020

I've been using a Purolater L20195 successfully in my 72 TR6 for many years now.  I think it is the functional equivalent to the FL400 that Dave Massey recommended. The L20195 is a long filter (not sure about the FL400) so, depending upon the angle at which you mounted the adapter you could possibly have a fit issue (I don't recall since I installed mine about 25 years ago). Mine is mounted so that the filter hangs straight down. This position also enables me to completely fill the filter with oil prior to spinning it on.Bill Smith '72 TR6 '80 TR7 Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone