[TR] [6pack] Where did this come from?

John Macartney john.macartney at ukpips.org.uk
Mon Apr 27 05:06:00 MDT 2020

If memory serves correctly, the fuel inertia switch to turn off the fuel pump in the boot in the event of emergency was positioned here. It was later moved to the engine bulkhead alongside the battery where a different switch was used. These were all light grey in colour and could be disabled/enabled by pressing the button on the bottom of the switch. Maybe this is where it’s currently located on this particular car and is probably as a result of a warranty recall notice issued at the time. This switch actually proved to be a very useful anti-theft deterrent on all the fuel injected cars made by the company.

Can’t be sure, but hell, it was fifty years ago and I’ve long since lost my file of Engineering Change bulletins / Service Rectification notes! 😊

Jonmac