[TR] sandblasting

DAVE HOGYE dlhogye at comcast.net
Thu Apr 23 22:02:11 MDT 2020

Back in '08-'09, I had my TR3 body tub and frame blasted at a local powder coating company.  $300 each.  They blasted every square inch with crushed garnet.  The tub was stripped of every bolt-on part.  In two different visits, I set up both items on my makeshift engine stand rotisserie, with custom attachments, to make it a lot easier for them and the best outcome.  Worth every penny and more.
Skip this part if you can and have a company do this work.  You might even consider a mobile unit come to you.  Different media can be used depending on paint or rust.  Special care has to be taken on body parts, not to warp them, but if the person has a little finesse, any harm can be avoided.
The important part of good blasting is high CFM from the compressor.  If you don't have enough CFM, you'll be working way too hard for way too long.
Dave H.