[TR] Lightening a TR flywheel

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Apr 10 20:45:18 MDT 2020

I've been running an alloy Fidanza flywheel since 2000, along with a stock
TR4A clutch and TOB/carrier.  I really like it, had no qualms at all about
moving it from the wrecked 3A to the current TR3.

I did notice some difference starting out; the engine is easier to kill from
a stop. I have to be more careful about keeping the revs up as I let the
clutch out.  The engine in the 3A was pretty well worn, probably part of the
problem.

But the difference in throttle response in 1st gear is really remarkable.
Makes it feel like a much lighter car.

-- Randall