[TR] Clarification

TERRY SMITH terryrs at comcast.net
Sat Apr 4 17:50:31 MDT 2020

First, I'm wondering if the choice for flasher may depend on the type of LED conversion (or not).  I did a LiteZupp conversion that calls for a LFM3NG flasher.  This is three prong with one for power, one for blinker, one for the indicator light and a wire coming off for ground.  I managed to bugger up the one I had so need to re-order from LiteZupp, though a more commonly available conversion flasher would be welcome.

Second, a question.  I'm not getting right directionals to work front or back.  This could be the directional switch on the column, an open wire, or...and here's the question...if an LED is burned out, can it cause both directionals in the circuit to be inoperable?  I've hooked power direct from the battery to both left and right directionals at the point they enter the flasher.  The Left directional lights up front and back.  The Right directional does neither.

Hoping people are bored enough staying home to help!

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire