[TR] Shop pests

pdqtr6 at comcast.net pdqtr6 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 1 20:49:47 MDT 2020

Two years ago I had squirrels living in a space in the attic that only they could get to. I tried trapping them in a Havaheart trap then releasing them 4-5 miles from here.  All that did was making room for more of the little pests.
I finally bought a spray bottle of peppermint oil from Amazon and cut an access hole to the squirrel chamber. I liberally sprayed it around. I also soaked several cotton balls with the oil and tossed them in too. Finally I covered the hole with an electrical outlet cover plate.
The squirrels didn't move out immediately but were gone within a couple of weeks and so far they haven't returned.
Much more effective than trapping them and if they do come back all I have to do is take the cover plate off and get the peppermint oil out again.

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application