[TR] More origingal TR-6 repair records

Ron L'Herault lherault at verizon.net
Wed Apr 1 13:54:24 MDT 2020

It's  June of 1972, a bit out of sequence from the last one.   The car was
in for a 6000 service, oil and filter were expected .  It got a tune up and
alignment was checked.   That pat is a little bit of paranoia carried over
from owning a brand new GT6+ for a year.  It seemed to go out of alignment
when you closed a door.    The bill was almost $60, which included $7.25 for
a rental car.

At 12,455 miles,  the day after Christmas in 1972 I brought it in for 12000
mile service .  It got oil, plugs, carb needles, condenser, points, a vacuum
hose and a snap in the soft top.  They did a front and rear alignment and
noted that the rear end needed work, probably a bad bearing.  It whined.
Poof.  $140 gone.

It went back in  2/5/73, at 13, 324 miles to have the rear end overhauled.
They did, fortunately cover it under the warranty.   I paid $22.47, $14 of
which was for the rental.

The saga continues.

Ron L