[TR] 62 TR4 Temp Gauge

greg greg at gelhar.com
Sun Sep 29 20:10:46 MDT 2019

I have cosmetically restored many gauges from all models of Triumph cars. All of the bimetallic small gauges draw 75mA at half scale. 120 MA puts the needle at the top mark and 150 mA pegs the needle to max.
The bimetallic gauges are purely resistive and only full battery voltage would cause the needle to peg on start up. I can not see where any gauge defect would create the symptoms you describe.
Perhaps others can share an idea why you are seeing what you describe.

Greg G.