[TR] Hole in the side of 2 tappets

Paul Dorsey dorpaul1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 07:39:20 MDT 2019

I had a chance this afternoon with my engine head off to take my solid
tappets out of my TR3 engine.  To my bewilderment two of the eight solid
lifters had holes in them, both holes were about 1/8" or larger, and it
looked as if they were drilled into the tappet at an angle and they were in
the side of the lifter and about 1/2" from the bottom; I took a picture of
one of them and I will try and post it, ISTR that this list maynot allow
pictures?  The picture must have failed.

I quess they need replacing?  What causes this?

Paul Dorsey  60 TR3