[TR] TR4 Gremlins

Roger Wilson rjwilson1250 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 11:38:03 MDT 2019

Jim,

I replaced a nonfunctional temp gauge in my gt6 and the new unit read
extremely high when the engine warmed up. I replaced the sending unit &
voltage stabilizer and it didn’t change anything.

Then I calibrated the gauge -there are 2 adjustment ports covered with
black stoppers on the back. One of them adjusts the needle location. Using
a hand held HF digital sensor I adjust the needle to 185F, measured from
the thermostat housing, to the center mark of the gauge. Seems to work fine
now.

I think it was the adjustment screw on the left side looking at the rear of
the unit. It will look like you can adjust it with screwdriver, but the
metal is fragile. I ground down a hex wrench that fit snug in the opening
with a blade end and it turned easily with no damage.

Roger Wilson