[TR] 62 TR3 Leaf Spring replacement

Erkan Hassan erkanhassan at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 15 12:33:05 MDT 2019

Listers,
I am preparing for a front and rear suspension rebuild this winter.  As I research this, I learned the rear springs have a pin that goes through the frame rail and after 56 years is most likely rusted in place.
The manual says thread a 5/16 x 24 bolt with washers in from the rail side a pull the bolt out (after removing caster nut and pin).
1.  Clean out the threads on the center of car side2.  It looks like a tight space and only enough room for a 2 inch bolt to fit.3.  The threads on a 2 inch bolt only go half way up, so I purchased a few large washers and will try the screw bolt into head and use pry bar to remove pin.
not really expecting it to work
I think the other option, and where I am seeking the wisdom of the list is:
IF I can find a 24 thread bolt or rod (of 2 inches) have a nut at the top next to bolt head or if rod 2 nuts, add large washers and some type of pipe (but it will most likely be only 1 inch long).  Screw rod into the pin head.  Secure head of bolt or rod and turn the nut to press washers and pipe onto the frame with an internal diameter slightly larger than the bolt head.  Keep tightening until pin comes out.
Do I have this right?  any other thoughts or advice here?
has anyone used the Go2 socket?  Screw 5/16 bolt into pin head and turn the Go2 until it releases the pin???
thanks for your helpErkan