[TR] Triumph GT6 overdrive shift lever (155301)

v6spitfireguy v6spitfireguy v6spitfireguy at cox.net
Mon Oct 14 12:35:25 MDT 2019

Since the GT6 overdrive gear shift lever for the knob mounted switch (part number 155301) is made of unobtiainum and finding hens teeth is easier than locating a used one, I would like to machine another, correct one for my GT6.  Originally when I machined the one  in my car now, I didn’t have a GT6 lever only a Spitfire Non OD lever, and I patterned it after that.  However they are a bit longer than the GT6 overdrive ones and I haven’t been able to find a correct lever or even one in a car to measure it.  So if anyone has a GT6 with overdrive, and could give me a measurement I can extrapolate the rest.  The current OD lever I made, when shifted into first gear measures 10 inches from the top rear of the tunnel to the highest part of the shift knob cap (the one with the switch in it).  If I could get a similar measurement from a GT6 with the original OD lever in it, I can guesstimate the rest.  I don't want the column mounted switch, I LIKE the lever mounted one, but I would like it to be the correct length.

Of course, I would prefer to just purchase one if reasonable...

Barry Schwartz