[TR] Pain job for 1972 TR6

Gene M mclans at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 7 15:15:58 MDT 2019

Chad,

Diameter of the bolt is the same on the entire shaft instead of tapered like a modern sheet metal screw, and threads were squared off and smooth instead of the angled with a machine bite like a sheet metal screw.

I need to clean out my garage in the next year or two and I'll post a pic when I locate these bolts.  I never found a source for these, including The Roadster Factory or Moss Motors.  Only this WW II veteran identified it--didn't know where to get it or what it was called.

Have you seen an original  TR6 body panel that had primer next to bare metal?  I don't know if it is true what the hardware store WW II employee told me about the Brits dipping every metal part in lacquer paint.  This vet told me during WW II they had these big vats in the barns in rural England and all the metal fabricated parts for everything were dipped and air dried to prevent rust.  These parts would hang there and be available for the war effort.  He figured maybe after WW II ended, these vats with the lacquer paint and the malleable metal parts that could be re-pressed into what my car was made from.

All good since the result was the TR6.

Gene M.
70 TR6
Sacramento, CA