[TR] Battery

Rye Livingston ryel at mac.com
Sun May 5 14:55:01 MDT 2019

I have an Optima in my Triumph, Kubota tractor, and a 6 volt Optima in my 63 Porsche 356, so yeah I like them.  Big plus with an AGM is no battery acid that can leak and eat through the battery box.  I wish I could remember who told, but it was a reliable source, that Optima isn't as good as it used to be, and mentioned another brand.  I'm not 100% positive, but I think it was the Interstate AGM battery that was recommended.  I've got that brand in other cars along with my camper/trailer, so I'm a big fan of that brand too.

FYI - I did find that the red top Optima is a little bit smaller than a standard battery, so I had cut a few strips of wood to add behind the battery and on each side so I could fully snug the battery down in the box.

Rye
PH: 530-FIND-RYE