[TR] Lucas alternator

Anthony Rhodes spamiam at comcast.net
Sat May 4 13:30:39 MDT 2019

I think that those "stealth" alternators are over-rated both literally and figuratively.

With their poor ventilation, I don't see how they can manage their rated output on a continuous basis.The saving grace for this, is that these "35 amp" alternators are being used and systems that generally will have a peak demand of no more than 20-21 amps.

I think a properly maintained stock generator is perfectly well suited to a stock set up in the TR 2-4A cars.

If you have additional power-hungry ancillaries, then a real alternator that LOOKS like a real alternator will probably function better and live longer than the stealth units.

-Tony

Sent from my 1837 Babbage Analytical Engine