[TR] Packing front wheel bearings

DAVE HOGYE dlhogye at comcast.net
Sun Mar 31 13:00:04 MDT 2019

Yes.  I always pack extra grease in the hub, between the bearings.  The extra grease can supply the bearings while spinning and acts like a reserve or even a backer to stop the grease from pushing away from the bearing.  It doesn't need to be filled, a liberal amount good enough.  If the hub has no grease in it.  The spinning bearing pushes grease away from the bearings and races.  I always fill the cap too.  Again, having grease in there prevents the bearing from going dry.  Even on my TR3 race car.

Dave H.