[TR] TR 6 ID number

DAVID MASSEY dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Mar 25 19:14:36 MDT 2019

 The new head was introduced in 73.  The EGR valve was added in 74 but you can see the spot for it, undrilled and untapped, on the 73 cars.  The air pump was added in either 75 or 76.  73 was also when they brought out the new gauges (and dash), the low back seats with the adjustable head rest, the J-type overdrive and the footwell lights.  Many other small changes came on line in 73.
I had an early 74 with the lower front bumper but later that year they revised the bumper and lights to raise bumper.  As I recall it was 74 with the seat belt interlock that was a source of aggravation on most, if not all cars that year.  I remember the bypass trick for that.  Tie the white/red and white/orange wires together at the seat belt module.  In fact the 75's came that way from the factory.
cheers

Dave