[TR] Rear Axle Inner Seals

TERRY SMITH terryrs at comcast.net
Sat Mar 23 14:45:53 MDT 2019

All right, I give up.  No way to escape this with the dignity of anonymity.

Rear axle seals that fit in the housing come as I guess neoprene.  One side is flat with a metal facing and a bit of lip, and the other side is concave where the neoprene is compressed with a circular spring.

Which side is supposed to face toward the outside of the car?  The side where  you can see the spring, or the side with the metal facing?

I can't find a picture or description anywhere, other than the obscure "The lips of the oil seal should be facing inward."

Ugh!

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A