[TR] Convertible Top

Rochlin Robert rrochlin at comcast.net
Tue Mar 19 12:07:52 MDT 2019

	My experience with the cloth Robbins top has been, on the whole, positive.  I had my top installed by a local Robbins dealer.  The top looks perfect when up.  The one difficulty is getting the top up.  The top is hard to stretch into the latches.  The fact that it is cloth and the back window can be unzipped makes it less difficult than my old Everflex top with a fixed window to get up. Last week I was having a seat repaired at another well respected top shop in town, and asked owner about the tight top issue.  He told me that, in his experience, the Robbins tops for the TR6 were too tight in the section that went from the rear deck to the rear top frame member and that the difficulty in getting the top latched stemmed from this tightness.
	As I said though, the top looks really great when it is up.
	Best,
	Bob
	’72 TR6