[TR] TR3 Timing question

Wbeech@flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Fri Mar 1 09:37:20 MST 2019

Yes Geo, BTDT too.  Looking at it this morning it does appear that the next pulley bolt over is aligned with the pointer.  Moving it back one hole should fix it, 🤞, stay tuned for details.
Bill

Sent from my DynaTAC 8000X

On Mar 1, 2019, at 9:02 AM, Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr at gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 7:35 PM Wbeech at flash.net <wbeech at flash.net> wrote:

> ..Put a light on it and, by the marks, it looks like 40° retarded at a nice smooth idle and the dizzy is in a very normal position.   How does that happen?...

Just to check the obvious - if your timing light has an advance knob be sure it is set to zero.

More than once I have been alarmed by wacky timing only to realize I had the knob set to some high advance.

Geo