[TR] Hmmmmm.....

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 27 20:03:12 MDT 2019

 but I hereby induct her into the man's Hall of Fame.)

dont you dare teach her the mans prayer.
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

frank

    On Thursday, June 27, 2019, 04:59:58 PM PDT, TERRY SMITH <terryrs at comcast.net> wrote:

TR3 wouldn't start.  Replaced the Pertronix with points, ran fine.  Then found oveheating (non-related). Tried to drain the radiator but the drain plug (within a plug) soldering gave way, so removed the valence and radiator, soldered the drain plug housing back into the radiator, replaced the thermostat and water pump, and reinstalled the valence today (in high humidity, ugh).  Car ran fine and kept appropriate temperature.

Removing the valence is a PIA.  But not all that bad.  Replaced the lower end radiator hose while I was in there because it was easy.

By the way, my wife just came by while I was writing this to say that my duck tape was the most amazing thing.  She'd pay a hundred dollars for a roll.  (I don't know yet what brought that on, expect it had something to do with air conditioners, but I hereby induct her into the man's Hall of Fame.)

Tomorrow I'll reconnect the head and blinker light wires.  Then wait for the new radiator drain plug.

Does anyone other than me have problems with these after market radiator drain plugs leaking (drips only) coolant?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A  TS58667

New Hampshire

 ** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html