[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 12, Issue 143

Anthony Rhodes spamiam at comcast.net
Wed Jun 26 14:57:26 MDT 2019

Well, maybe not give up
On electronic ignition completely.  I am not a great fan of Pertronix, but they are fairly reliable.

Even better would be a 45DM4 or 47DM4 distributor from an MG :0 (magnetic reluctor trigger inside) plus the AB14  ignition module.  This is essentially the Lucas CEI ignition system. And the AB14 is actually a Delco HEI ignition module internally.  You run it with a full 12 volts BUT you use a 1.5 ohm ("6 volt") coil.  The module limits the coil current and it gives a nice strong spark, and the module is extremely reliable.

But well maintained points are perfectly fine!!!  The DM4 dizzy plus AB14 coil needs less maintenance (not zero maintenance!) and is possibly more reliable than points.

-Tony