[TR] What is the knock?

Peter Ryner pryner at outlook.com
Sun Jun 23 08:33:16 MDT 2019

Before tearing into the engine too much check your fan belt.  I had a similar noise, thought it was in the engine.  Took out the pushrods and tappets and found nothing.  Put it all back together and noise still there.  I was under the car trying to listen for the noise and had someone accelerate the motor.  Heard the noise right above my head.  The belt had broken some of the metal fibers inside and under acceleration they were swinging out and hitting the cross bar in front of the engine.  Never hurts to look around.
Pete