[TR] oil

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Jun 18 14:25:09 MDT 2019

In spite of the name, VR1 is actually a street oil, with the required detergents and so on for long service. The 20W50 version actually meets API SL (IIRC).

I've used it for a long time, and never seen the kind of sludge and dirt with it that I have seen with other oils. IMO, it's good stuff.

 Valvoline also offers "Proline" racing oil, which is not designed for use on the street. It used to be called "Not Street Legal" but they changed the name to avoid confusion.
-- Randall