[TR] [EXTERNAL] - Re: Nexen tires for a TR3A

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Jun 3 13:07:59 MDT 2019

TR6 rims are 5.5", measured in the usual fashion (between the bead seats).

I run them myself, work fine as long as you don't go too far overboard on
tire size.  I run 205/55 tires, which do rub lightly in the rear on hard
corners.

This photo mostly shows the "compact spare" I use (mounted on a stock TR3
rim) so it fits in the spare tire compartment.  But if you look closely,
there is a shiny stripe visible just above the top of the spare, which is
where the wide tires rub the fenders in a hard turn.
https://i.imgur.com/a0NFEto.jpg

-- Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild