[TR] Radiator Shroud

TERRY SMITH terryrs at comcast.net
Wed Jul 24 19:44:23 MDT 2019

When I restored the '3, I put in the usual cardboard shroud.  It lasted--I don't know--maybe three years?  Got caught several times in hard rain.  Next, I bought another cardboard shroud, but this time I used the plastic from a garage sale shower wall.  It lasted--I don't know--maybe five years, then cracked apart.

While installing a new electric fan, I took the time while I was in there to use the cardboard shroud to trace out a shroud using this time a floor mat I'd had around that goes underneath a chair on a hardwood floor (no little spikes on the bottom).  In this heat, the floor mat was entirely flexible and bent easily, though it won't at lower temps.  Couple of screws to hold it down and done is done.

Looking forward to seeing how it does.  Gotta be better than cardboard.

Meanwhile, with all these car mods, I'm thinking I could have been an engineer.  Just needed two things:  1)  more brains; and 3) more gray matter....

:o)

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A

New Hampshire