[TR] Electric Fuel Pump Recommendations

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 09:14:21 MDT 2019

The data can be found here:  https://www.facet-purolator.com/tech-information/

For my Spitfire, I bought the lowest pressure one that they listed. (I
forget which number)   Standard cube - don't forget the Facet filter!
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/facetpumps3.php

I mounted it in the engine compartment on a strut between the firewall
and the radiator mount.  Connected it to a toggle switch in the car.
I just turned it on for hot starting - or after a long time sitting -
then let the standard pump take over.  Plumbed through the existing
mechanical pump...yes, I knew the shortcomings, but if the seals fail,
you are going to pump fuel into the oil even without an electric pump
- did that 45 years ago...

If I was going to run the electric pump exclusively, I'd for sure wire
a safety switch in the circuit.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.