[TR] Spring Time in the Smith Garage

TERRY SMITH terryrs at comcast.net
Sat Jul 6 08:00:01 MDT 2019

Hmmm.  As ever, thank you, Randall.  Yep, forgot about the choke spring.  Was intending to describe the jet housing one.  Never knew there was a distinction that separates vapor lock from percolation (a new term to me).  Felt I would be "cheating" with a fan only because I had a new problem but would be addressing it but not fixing it directly.

I'll redirect the fuel line.  Tell me, how does one add extra insulation to the heat shield?

With the jet housing springs loose, would I be correct in assuming there would be some erratic variations in mixture and might these for some reason be more pronounced at idle?

Thanks again,

Terry