[TR] Disclaimer: I AM checking The Triump Experience histories....

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 08:37:27 MDT 2019

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 7:03 PM TERRY SMITH <terryrs at comcast.net> wrote:

> Question is, though, what the heck?  Swapping electronic ignition for points can cause such a huge timing differential?  ...Or am I all-muddled?????

Well, I don't know anything either, but that never stopped me.

My guess is that the trigger point for the electronic ignition,
relative to the lobes on the distributor shaft, is simply in a
different place than it would be for points.  So, changing nothing
other than what sits on the plate, the timing could be way off.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.