[TR] Valvecover issue

James Henningsen trguy75 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 13:23:50 MST 2019

Team:
Had my valve cover rechromed.  Looks great.  Only problem is the extra thickness on the oil filler tube from new chrome now will not let me slip on my push on oil filler vent cap.  His is an early 4 with similar setup to TR3. Any ideas on what to do.  I heard I’d have to take valve cover to chrome plater to have hem strip a bit off the surface.  Another though was a muffler shop that has a pipe expanding that fits he 1 1/2 inch diameter opening of the push on cap.  Any help much appreciated
Jim Henningsen
Ocala FL
61 TR3A
62 Tr4