[TR] TR3 Price Valuations

DAVE HOGYE dlhogye at comcast.net
Sun Jan 27 10:12:40 MST 2019

Go to BringaTrailer.com and type Triumph TR3 in the search line.  Although it is good for those who happen to own Triumphs, they are getting crazy prices, as are many in the collector car world.  Especially TR3s.  It seems that $20-30K will get you a decent car that has many flaws and issues.  I have seen total Bondo buckets get those prices.  Really, really bad cars with really bad but fresh shiny paint get $26-29K.  I've watched really nice, quality cars get $42-45K.  A trailer queen TR3 sold for $53+K a few years ago at one of the high-end auction house events.

So I'd say that, yes, TR3s are continually gaining value.

When there are many people in the million dollar buyer range, $30K is more of an entry level price.  Triumphs have always been there.

Dave H.