[TR] Old Nugget: wire wheel paint

TERRY SMITH terryrs at comcast.net
Fri Jan 18 13:50:00 MST 2019

I'm sorry to bring this up again.  Can't seem to find the history threads.  Also lost the link to the Triumph website that offers discussions.

Two years ago I sandblasted and painted my wire wheels.  Think I used Duplicolor wheel paint.  Now here it is again:  surface rust spots and minor chipping.  Car is a daily driver, albeit not in New Hampshire winters.

Am getting to the point I might take it to a paint shop to have it professionally done, but even then I'm unsure to get a paint hard enough to withstand daily driving.

Thoughts?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A

New Hamsphire