[TR] ok, I am going to assume I am stupid

David Templeton davidt at opentext.com
Thu Jan 17 21:54:12 MST 2019

ok, I am going to assume I am stupid.  I am wanting, thinking, believing that I can take the MKIV spitfire 3-rail gearbox I have and make it work for my gt6 engine.

  *   Replace the input shaft with the gt6 one I have
  *   Replace the bell housing with the gt6 one I have
  *   Replace the mainshaft with a MKIV d-type OD mainshaft ( still need to find one )
  *   Rebuild with new seals, gaskets etc
  *   Put on the d-type OD I have on the gearbox

Dead-end? A plan? Something completely different?

David Templeton