[TR] simple TR3 engine firing

dave dave at ranteer.com
Sun Jan 13 15:24:33 MST 2019

I recently acquired a TR3 that was garaged umpteen years ago after an engine fire.

The wiring is truly toast.

I've got it turning over nicely now using the starter motor hooked up directly to the battery using a remote starter cable.  I have a cable from the negative terminal to both the body and an engine/transmission bolt.

Now I'm working on getting the engine running.

Am I correct in thinking that  I need to run a wire from the positive terminal to the + side of the ignition coil, then from the - side of the coil to the distributor and that's all?